Honor Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela passed away on Thursday, December 5, after months of battling a lung infection. He was 95 years old.
Over his lifetime Mandela was patron to more than 50 global charities, and donated one third of his presidential salary to the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund. Among his interests were HIV/Aids, ending hunger, and promoting local artists.
- Support the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund and buy a brick to fulfil Mandela's last wish to build a children’s hospital in Johannesburg to serve all children of southern Africa regardless of race, socioeconomic status or ability to pay.
- Send a Message of Condolence to the Children's Fund and the Mandela Rhodes Foundation, or add your message to Amnesty International's Mandela Memorial.
- Visit the Nelson Mandela Centre of Memory, an "integrated public information resource on his life and times."
- Check out the Nelson Mandela Poster Project, which aims to "collect exceptional posters from around the world and collate them into an online publication and travelling exhibition."
- Share his inspiring words (care of ONE.org).
- Watch and Share this touching surprise tribute to Mandela by the Soweto Gospel Choir.