Overturn Citizens United
Support for a constitutional amendment to overturn the Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United vs. FEC is growing exponentially from the bottom up. Currently 16 states passed resolutions supporting an amendment, while another 21 have resolutions pending. Also joining the movement are:
- 500 cities and towns
- 140+ members of Congress
- 150 national organizations
- President Obama
What You Can Do:
Join over 120,000 people and sign the MoveOn.org petition to call for a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United.
- Stamp your bills with messages to encourage others to keep corporate money out of politics.
- Attend Grassroots Democracy: A Virtual Teach-In on the Citizens United Anniversary at 8 p.m. ET at www.MoveOn.org
- Plan and Register an Event to either protest or celebrate the Supreme Court's upcoming decision on the McCutcheon vs. FEC case.
- Download the Buycott app. It scans the barcode of a product you wish to buy and gives you information about the company that created it. It will then cross-check the product owners against the companies and brands included in campaigns you've joined, in order to tell you if the scanned product comes from a company that is contributing to campaigns that don't reflect your values.
Comedian Roy Zimmerman sings a song reminding us that "Corporations are People, too":