Participate in World AIDS Day
The theme for Global AIDS Day from 2011 to 2015 is “Getting to zero: zero new HIV infections. Zero discrimination. Zero AIDS related deaths“ As part of the theme of Getting to Zero, in 2013 World AIDS Day will ask participants to "Act Aware." Acting aware means finding out the facts about HIV and using this knowledge to protect yourself and others from HIV infection.
Participate in World AIDS Day:
- Plan an event- Here are some ideas and suggestions from AIDS.gov.
- Get Tested. Find an HIV Testing Facility near you.
- Learn how HIV is transmitted. Tell others.
- If you or someone you know has HIV/AIDS and needs help, start looking here.
- Head over to the (RED) store and choose from a range of products from iconic brands such as Apple, Jonathan Adler, Bed Bath and Beyond, Beats by Dre, and more. When you purchase (RED) products, up to 50% of the sales proceeds goes to the Global Fund to fight AIDS.
- Join the ONE Campaign to Tell Global Fund pledgers to remember their promise to fight AIDS.