Support Fair Trade: Commerce that Makes Lives Better
The Fair Trade Movement recognizes that the nearly half of the world's population involved in food production deserves to be fairly compensated. When you chose to purchase Fair Trade, you support:
- Long-term direct trading relationships
- Prompt payment of fair prices and wages
- No child, forced or otherwise exploited labor
- Workplace non-discrimination, gender equity and freedom of association
- Investment in community development projects
- Environmental sustainability
- Traceability and transparency
- Safe working conditions and reasonable work hours
Here are ways you can support fair trade:
- Check Out the Products and Partners of Fair Trade USA
- Visit Ten Thousand Villages, one of the oldest and most successful fair trade retailers of non perishable goods.
- World Fair Trade Day is May 10th. Check out this calendar to find World Fair Trade Day events taking place near you.
- Find a Fair Trade Federation Store or Cafe
- Find Fairtrade Foundation Certified Products
*If you know about another great source or directory of fair trade goods, let us know.